When businesses owners and marketing managers want to attract qualified traffic to their websites, the first port of call is often Google AdWords. As the most popular digital ad platform, AdWords has many benefits, including: precisely audience targeting, budget management and even managing which devices to display certain ads at different times.
With businesses making an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on AdWords, it can be very profitable if managed correctly.
The goal in AdWords is to continue to lower your cost-per-conversion whilst increasing the click-through rate of your AdWords campaign. To achieve these results you must be continuously managing, testing and improving your ads.
At Marketing Results we have expert AdWords specialists who are passionate about AdWords management and conversion rate optimisation. Their aim is to improve our clients’ results month-on-month. Here is just one example:
Increase total profitability by improving conversion volume at lowest possible cost per conversion.
The AdWords account was re-built and expanded to reach more prospects, while targeting was strengthened through keywords, ads and continuous optimisation.
Conversion rate grew by 26.8% within 3 months from 6.93% to 8.79%.
Cost per conversion reduced by 13.3% while volume has increased 69.3% from November to January.
Key tactics of this optimisation were:
- Re-build of campaigns and ad groups for a stronger foundation going forward
- Adjustments to campaign settings to improve ad targeting and thus conversion rate
- Introduction of new keywords and campaigns to increase audience reach
- Addition of a large volume of negative keywords to ensure expansion only to the most relevant audience
- Analysis and removal of lower-performing elements to cut wasted spend and improve conversion rate
- New ad creative to increase click through rate and traffic volume
- Budget management and bid optimisation
The below screenshot shows AdWords performance metrics from Nov 12 – Jan 13:
Try our Google AdWords conversion optimisation tips on your campaigns and let us know your results below!
If you want more Google AdWords Quick Wins, have a read of this post on how we improved the sales volume of a campaign by an extra 212 sales per week in only 4 weeks.
1 Comment »
Leave a comment