Restaurant Consulting LeadsThe Gourmet Guardian – Food Safety Programs
4 times more leads and a 269% revenue increase
Your AdWords strategies have quadrupled leads, almost tripled revenue and reduced my dependence on contract work to zero.
The Gourmet Guardian (formerly AGB Solutions) provides tailored food safety, auditing and compliance programs to food processing and preparation businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand. Founded by former Apprentice Chef of the Year Gavin Buckett, The Gourmet Guardian has matured rapidly from a primarily contracting operation to a thriving consulting business, fed by a steady stream of web-generated leads.
Before engaging Marketing Results, the client had a number of key objectives:
- Reduce dependency on lower-margin contract work by establishing a pipeline of qualified sales leads for direct client engagements
- Find alternatives to expensive “offline” media such as the Yellow Pages
- Build on a successful “pilot” Google AdWords campaign to increase lead volume and consistency, while reducing marketing cost per lead
- Refine website elements without the need for an entirely new website
- Improve conversion of traffic to specific products and services
How the objectives were achieved
- Rebuild Google AdWords account, adding dozens of adgroups and ads, plus thousands of keywords to gain greater control over the traffic generation process.
- Create custom landing pages for specific services with dedicated action forms to increase message relevancy and conversion rates
- Test multiple URLs for conversion, eventually moving from www.agbsolutions.com.au to www.AustralianFoodSafety.com.au based on a 400% clickthrough rate increase in Google AdWords .
- Create and manage multiple email lists and autoresponder series in order to engage different types of prospects in tailored conversations
- Add a blog to promote “thought leadership”, provide information and boost organic search engine rankings
- 269% Increase in business revenue, driven by web-generated leads
- Rapidly growing newsletter list for future marketing
- A 400% improvement in Google AdWords click through rate
- Reduced cost per click, increased total traffic AND lead volume
- No longer advertising in the Yellow Pages – directing that investment into accountable lower-cost strategies
- Transitioned from 85% dependence on contracting work to 0% dependence
- Complete management of web strategies for Gourmet Guardian so they can get on with what they do best.
Gourmet Guardian Managing Director Gavin Buckett says…
“I get more enquiries from potential clients in a week now than I used to get in a month“
When I started in business, I didn’t even have a website because I didn’t believe my business was suited to the Internet. But after launching my original website in November 2007 and trialling Google AdWords, I started to see the potential the Internet could offer.
I engaged Marketing Results to ramp up the results of my pilot, add more functionality and generate more leads at lower cost. On the way, we encountered some pretty tricky marketing challenges. I was impressed by the ability of Marketing Results to propose specific marketing solutions, not just wait for me to tell them what to implement from a technical point of view.
One of the biggest breakthroughs we had was testing my original URL based on my company name (www.agbsolutions.com.au) against a number of proposed alternatives, eventually choosing www.AustralianFoodSaftety.com.au. That one action alone produced a tremendous increase in AdWords traffic with no increase in cost.
So what’s the end result? I now get more leads via my website in a week than I used to get in a month. Plus, my business revenue has increased by 269% in the last 12 months. This means that I’m doing more of the type of work I want to do, my margins are higher, and I feel more in control of the future direction of my business.
This Marketing Case Study has been approved
by The Gourmet Guardian