Too many businesses put an overwhelming focus on lead generation and not enough on lead management, which is the next vital step in turning leads into customers.
Here’s why lead management is increasingly important (and why it represents a great opportunity for you): many marketers are observing a number of disturbing trends when it comes to generating leads online:
- Traffic is getting more and more expensive
- Prospects are less responsive, especially on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and the Google Display Network
- A higher percentage of leads are “uncontactable”, therefore resulting in breakage
- Competition is hotter, with many prospects comparison shopping several providers simultaneously
OK, that’s the bad news.
But the flip side of these trends is positive: by optimising your lead management process, you can usually generate a meaningful bump in marketing Return On Investment. Some of our clients have been able to achieve 25%+ growth in new inbound revenue by getting serious about the techniques and strategies we’re about to cover.
Table Of Contents:
- What is Lead Management?
- Top 14 Data-Driven Lead Management Tips
- The Ideal Lead Management Process Flow
- Lead Management Best Practices Infographic
1. What Is Lead Management?
A Lead Management Definition: Lead management is a set of methodologies, systems, and practices designed to bridge the gap between the lead generation and sales functions. Lead management methods include contact protocols, lead scoring, lead qualification, pre-sales nurturing, process optimisation, closed-loop tracking and other techniques to optimise the value of leads flowing through your sales process.